Laser Beam Accessories & Related Products
Pneumatic High-Angle Collision Sensor : PRCS
The Pneumatic High-Angle Collision Sensor works by establishing the minimal points of contact required to restrain all degrees of freedom (movement) in normal operation. When a collision occurs, external forces upset this balance thereby allowing angular, rotational, or compressive compliance. This motion opens a normally closed switch and sends a signal to your motion system's E-stop or controller.
Haas part number PRCS-C-4619 shown above. Download technical drawings for each stock part number on the right. Download free Adobe PDF reader and SolidWorks Viewer on the left.
Pneumatic High-Angle Collision Sensor Features
- The Pneumatic High-Angle Collision Sensor is a patented mechanical collision sensor that Stops the motion system within 2 to 10ms of a collision to minimize costly damage.
- Offers a full 13º of angular compliance.
- Absorbs the crash energy without releasing the air pressure in the unit thus preventing tooling 'sag' and eliminating the effects of compressed air being released into the environment.
- Automatically resets to within ±0.0005" (0.013mm) in x, y, and z dimensions and to within ±0.17º rotationally to maximize uptime and eliminate the need for human intervention.
- Has a compliance adjustment feature that lets the user determine
the amount of deflection allowed beforeasignal is sent to your robot's E-stop or controller. Pneumatic High-Angle Features PRCS-4619 shown.
Pneumatic High-Angle Collision Sensor Benefits
- Total payload (include weight of tooling, adapter plates, and part)
- Center of gravity in each direction - x, y, and z in inches or millimeters
- Acceleration of robot (inches/second2 or millimeter/second2)
- Environmental factors that apply (high heat, dirty or contaminated environment, etc.)
- Additional insertion forces
Pneumatic High-Angle Collision Sensor Specifications
- Mass 1lb
- Height 2.67in
- Diameter 3.40in
- Pre-Trip Compliance Range 0-0.10in
- Temperature Rating 210 deg F
- Response Time 2-6 msec
- Moment Resistance 29-274 in/lb
- Torque Resistance 56-362 in/lb
- Force Resistance 25-229 lb
- Angular Compliance ±13°
- Rotary Compliance 29-274 in/lb
- Axial Compression 56-362 in/lb
- Repeatability X,Y, & Z 25-229 lb
- Repeatability Z-Axis ±13°
- Mounting bracket custom built for your application
Pneumatic High-Angle Collision Sensor (PRCS)
Part Numbering Anatomy
Additional options available upon request
We would be happy to discuss a custom designed solution that's right for any project, large or small. For additional information, contact a Haas Laser Technology sales representative today. (973) 598-1150
** Specifications subject to change without notice. Consult a Haas Laser Tech engineer for the latest specification changes or any additional assistance. **