Micromachining Laser Workstation System
MLWS-1200 Micromachining Laser Workstation System
The MLWS-1200 Micromachining laser workstation is a modular benchtop CNC system which can be equipped with any laser source.
The standard system has the following features...
- Granite co-polymer one-piece base and column
- Precision-ground cast iron table
- Linear ball bearing guideways for rigidity and accuracy
- covers on slideways and ball screws
- 18" X-Axis, 7" Y-Axis, 9.5" Z-Axis
- 360º Rotary Axis w/ 5C Collet
- 48" x 54" Footprint
- G&M code programming
- Scaling, rotation, mirroring, and subroutines
- Front operator panel for easy setups
- 32-bit DSP motion control card
- Windows XP operating system
- Unlimited program storage
- 4-axis simultaneous control
- CDRH Class 1 enclosure with interlocked door
- Laser safe viewing windows
- Enclosure light
- ISO 230 laser calibrated
The enclosure design utilizes extruded aluminum framework construction. The light-tight design with removable interlocked covers, panels and doors provide easy and safe access.
Internal lighting and laser safety window for visual inspection during the laser process are included with the ergonomic design. Complies with CDRH requirements as a Class 1 enclosure. The enclosure contains the complete laser head, laser beam delivery and motion system.
The laser including the laser head, power supply, laser control, and chiller are integrated into the system. The laser and wavelength are predetermined dependent upon the applications. Galvos and CCD cameras are some of the available options.
- PC Control of motion stages using Aerotech 3200 Series controller
- Rack mounted digital amplifier chassis with integral DC power supply and FireWire interace. Supports up to 6 axes of brush, brushless or stepper motor amplifiers
- 8 opto-isolated digital inputs and outputs, (4) 16 bit differential analog inputs (2) 16 bit analog outputs.
- Estop sense input
- Integration of laser operation & stages
- Control of optional galvo scanner head
- Control of shutter open & close
- CAD file download capability with the purchase of the optional Haas CAD/CAM software and A3200 post processor.
The Motion System has the following specifications
X-Axis: 18" (457mm)
Y-Axis: 7" (178mm)
Z-Axis: 9.5" (241mm)
Rotary: 360º Continuous
Table Size: 19.5" x 6.25" (495mm x 159mm)
Table Load: 150lbs (68kg)
Threaded Matrix: 3/8"-16, on 1" centers
Open Height: 12" (304mm)
Throat Clearance: 6.75" (171mm)
Rotary: 5C Collet
Motors: DC Servo
Feed Rate: 0.1 - 200ipm (2 - 5080mm/min)
Rotary: 22rpm (upgradeable)
Positioning: ±0.0002" (5.08µm)
Repeatability: 0.0001" (2.54µm)
Resolution: 0.00002" (0.508µm)
Positioning: ±20 arc sec
Repeatability: 4 arc sec
Width: 54" (1371mm)
Height: 56.5" (1435mm)
Depth: 48" (1219mm)
Weight: 475lbs (215kg)
Tooling & Fixturing: Available upon request
Complete implementation, fabrication, and system integration is performed by the staff engineers at Haas Laser Techologies, Inc. in Flanders, NJ
Haas Laser Technologies, Inc. will provide a complete manual including all associated manuals.
Run-off criteria for equipment demonstration and acceptance must be pre-defined by customer prior to purchase order.
Demonstration, Training, and System acceptance will be performed at Haas Laser Technologies, Inc. in Flanders New Jersey. The fully integrated system will be demonstrated in the presence of the customer according to run-off criteria determined in advance. Haas Laser Technologies, Inc. will provide up to one (1) day for up to two (2) people for the process. The demonstration will familiarize the customer with the various system components, operation, and maintenance.
Onsite installation is available at a predetermined rate plus all expenses and subsistence.
On-Site training and laser process development is available at a predetermined rate plus all expenses and subistence.
Additional options available upon request
We would be happy to discuss a custom designed solution that's right for any project, large or small. For additional information, contact a Haas Laser Technology sales representative today. (973) 598-1150
** Specifications subject to change without notice. Consult a Haas Laser Tech engineer for the latest specification changes or any additional assistance. **